Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Viewing Rock, Goshen Virginia

A traditional hike for us is always to Viewing Rock. This outcrop overlooks the majestic Lake Merriweather. Its a great two mile hike pretty much straight up. Just enough challenge for our youngest scouts....and our more seasoned older leaders. The reward is worth the effort.

Click the picture for a larger view.



Shots like these remind me of the classic Norman Rockwell Scouting Artworks. Brings a tear to my eye when I watch. No kidding!

Retiring the flag after another great day.


My tent by week's end......a mess.

2 comments:

  1. I worked at Goshen's at Marriott '94-'96. Your pictures are awsome. Love the one from viewing rock and the boat by the lake.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your kind comments. I now have three boys in scouts with many years of Goshen ahead of me. I love that place. You can see more Goshen pics at http://www.danielglassphotography.com/Cub-and-Boy-Scout-Adventures/Tribute-To-Goshen-Scout/5585155_CVyTK

    Thanks for all you did and do for scouting.

    ReplyDelete